The Important Questions
Sunshine Contracting was featured in a Manassas Journal article that asked for our expert advice on this very issue – we were interviewed at a job site of a roof that we were replacing in Alexandria. The article talks about how to choose a contractor, and things you, as a homeowner, should look for.
- Financial Responsibility – We recommend dealing only with financially responsible companies – financially responsible means that they should have company vehicles and own a place of business and operation. Sunshine Contracting owns our office building as well as our fleet of vehicles.
- Committed and There For the Long Haul – Think of your future services you may have or warranty claims – you want a company that is going to be around to make good on their warranties. Sunshine Contracting has been in business for over 20 years!
- Licensed and Insured – Sunshine Contracting is fully licensed and insured to protect you and our employees.
- Properly Trained and Certified in Each Trade – Specialty certifications are very important. Without proper training from the manufacturers on how to properly install their products, many warranties will be void. You want a company that knows what they are doing and have a stamp of approval from the manufacturer itself if available. Sunshine Contracting has dozens of certifications in each specialty trade.
- References – Always check local references and verify longevity. Sunshine Contracting has over 7,500 satisfied customers, and the list is growing!
- Communication and Customer Service – Take into consideration communication & customer service and being available (full time staff). All of this compared to “Chuck in the Truck” who is working out of his basement, sub-contracting all his work, has no insurance and no longevity in the industry.