Replacing a roof is rarely the most exciting part of an exterior remodel, but it does afford homeowners several opportunities to place their personal stamp on the design. Sunshine Contracting is fully qualified to work with a wide range of roofing materials, including three tab asphalt, cedar shake, architectural, designer and other shingle varieties. We have considerable experience matching different materials to different styles of roofs, including gabled, gambrel, barn, hip and flat roofs.
Whether you’re looking for the best value for your budget, an attractive ornamental design or an eco-friendly alternative, we work exclusively with materials we know and trust — many of which are warrantied against leaking for 20 years or longer. The first step in any full or partial roof replacement is to meet with our team and review your options.
The Roof Replacement Process
A roof replacement is a complex, multi-step process that requires specialized training and knowledge. A mistake at any stage can lead to leaking, mold, mildew or premature wear, which are all factors that can affect the value of your home. Here’s a quick rundown of what’s involved in a full roof replacement:
- Removing existing roofing and debris
- Inspecting the plywood outer frame for damage, and removing and replacing areas that have become rotted or compromised
- Installing an ice and water shield to protect against environmental damage
- Installing aluminum drip edging around all eaves, and a felt paper underlay to protect plywood from condensation buildup
- Furnishing and installing pipe collars, step flashing, apron flashing and chimney flashing, if applicable
- Caulking all applicable areas and replacing ridge shingles
- Installing starter strip along the roof’s sides and eaves
- Installing the shingles and performing a final inspection to confirm weatherproofing and build quality
When you’re looking for a roofing contractor in Prince William County, make sure their estimate accounts for each of these steps and the associated costs. At Sunshine Contracting, we believe in full transparency when it comes to pricing. Helping you understand all the steps involved in a roof replacement, and why they are necessary, is just one of the ways we strive to treat you like one of our neighbors.
See the Sunshine Difference for Yourself
Sunshine Contracting is proud to be a partner to some of today’s leading roofing manufacturers. We are a CertainTeed Shingle Master contractor and one of the only 2% of companies nationwide to be named a GAF Master Elite Roofing Contractor. We retain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, which is the highest rating possible. While these recognitions are important, the only way to experience our commitment to excellence is to contact us directly. From your first phone call, you’ll work with a team of knowledgeable, honest professionals who respect your time and your money. We’re proud to be a premier roofing contractor in Prince William County and throughout the northern Virginia/DC metro area. Browse our website to learn more, or contact our office to book an appointment at your convenience.
Schedule a Free In-Home Consultation