Benefits of a New Window Installation
In Annandale, Burke, Falls Church, and throughout northern VA, homeowners are reaping the benefits of today’s improved window technology. If the windows in your home are more than 10 years old, replacing them is a great way to:
- Decrease your utility use. Windows play an important role in keeping your house sealed. A well-sealed house requires less energy to heat and cool, which means lower utility bills on a month-to-month basis and less wear on your air conditioner, furnace and other big-ticket HVAC appliances.
- Spruce up your décor. Your home’s windows may not be the first thing the eye is drawn to, but they play a subtle role in establishing curb appeal. Replacing your aging windows with more contemporary fixtures is an easy way to refresh the aesthetical appeal of your property.
- Protect your carpets and furniture. We rarely think about the effect UV radiation can have on upholstery, but over time, the impact of constant exposure becomes clear. Today’s UV-blocking windows limit the fading of your walls, floors and furnishings, which keeps your home looking as good as new for years to come.
- Reduce noise. Similar to the way that a well-designed window installation can keep heat in the home, it also keeps noise out. If you live on a busy street, you’ll notice the difference a new set of windows makes almost immediately.
- Increase your property values. New windows may be a big investment, but they’re one that pays off if you’re considering selling your home in the future. Quality windows are an important selling point for many homebuyers — one that will help you stand out in northern VA’s booming real estate market.