Cedar Roofs: A Primer
Cedar roofs are composed of cedar shingles. Cedar shingles are manufactured using a simple process: they’re milled from cedar trees, cut down to size, and treated to protect against fire damage. A cedar shingle, therefore, remains close to the form it originated in. By contrast, a traditional asphalt shingle involves a more labor-intensive assembly process that often requires oil.
In addition, cedar roofs offer the following advantages:
- Long-lasting and durable: If properly maintained, cedar roofs can last a very long time. They offer great protection against wind and rain and can be treated to resist fire.
- Great insulators: Cedar roofs are an excellent choice for the homeowner looking to save money on their energy bills. They provide superior insulating qualities, helping keep in warm air in the winter and cool air in the summer.
- Lovely appearance: Cedar roofs can help your home achieve a rustic look that can’t be matched by other roofing products.
Sunshine Contracting: Prince William County’s Cedar Roofing Professionals
For over twenty years, Sunshine Contracting has provided Northern Virginia homeowners with the area’s finest home improvement services and outstanding customer service. We’ve been recognized nationally by several publications for our excellence:
- We’re a GAF Materials Corporation Master Elite Roofing Contractor, a designation bestowed upon only 3% of roofing contractors across the United States.
- Qualified Remodeler magazine listed us as a “Top 200 Exterior Remodeler” for several years running.
- We’ve received an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- The Commonwealth of Virginia has granted us Class A Building Contractor status, the highest level of licensure.
Our roofing team is composed of trained and experienced experts with the following licenses and certifications:
- GAF Master Elite Roofing Contractor
- GAF Steep Slope & Ventilation Certification
- CertainTeed Shingle Master Certification
- OSHA Compliant
You can rest assured that Sunshine Contracting will outfit you with a cedar roof that looks beautiful, stands up to tough weather, and saves you money on utility bills.
Ready For a Cedar Roof? Contact Us
If you’re a Prince William County homeowner in need of a cedar roof installation, or would like further consultation to help you determine whether a cedar roof is right for you, contact Sunshine Contracting today for a free estimate.
Schedule a Free In-Home Consultation