Cedar Roofs: A Brief Overview
Cedar roofs are composed of shingles manufactured from cedar logs that have been milled and cut down to size. They can be treated to resist fire and are available in different quality levels — such as medium or heavy weight — depending on your home’s particular needs and your climate zone.
Cedar shingles are created with less harmful materials than their asphalt counterparts, which are often assembled using oil. They are, on average, better insulators than asphalt, saving you money on your energy bills. With proper maintenance, they can last several years longer.
Sunshine Contracting is proud to stock Anbrook cedar shingles and offers several varieties of Anbrook shingles, each with their own set of features and warranties:
- Untreated cedar shingle shakes: no warranty offered
- Pressure treated medium shakes: 40 year warranty
- Pressure treated heavy shakes: 50 year warranty
- Fire treated shakes: 40 or 50 year warranty depending on weight chosen. Available with “Class C” fire coding.
Sunshine Contracting has provided Fairfax County homeowners with quality home improvement projects for over twenty years. Our team of expertly trained cedar roofers are dedicated to providing you with the highest quality craftsmanship and customer service Northern Virginia has to offer. We follow a time-tested multi step process to install your roof, ensuring you’re aware of every step that’s scheduled to take place.
Sunshine Contracting has been recognized by several national publications and entities for our excellence in home improvement services, including:
- Qualified Remodeler magazine listed us as a “Top 200 Exterior Remodeler” in the United States for several years running.
- We earned an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- We’re a GAF Materials Corporation Master Elite Roofing Contractor, a designation bestowed upon only 3% of roofing contractors across the United States.
In addition, our roofing team has received an extensive amount of training and certification to ensure that the services they provide are of the highest quality. Our roofers are:
- GAF Master Elite Roofing Contractor Certified
- GAF Steep Slope & Ventilation Certified
- CertainTeed Shingle Master Certified
- OSHA Compliant
You can rest assured that your new cedar roof will be a well installed unit that is held to the highest standard of quality. Our roofing contractors won’t settle for anything less than exemplary.
Ready For a New Cedar Roof? Contact Sunshine Today
Our team of friendly, knowledgeable experts is ready to help you install a beautiful, durable new cedar roof. Contact us for a free estimate or to learn more about how a cedar roof would make a great new addition to your home.
Schedule a Free In-Home Consultation