Advantages of Replacing Your Home’s Exterior Door Systems
Whether you’d like to add an exterior door with window panes to allow for more natural light in your entryways or want doors made with insulated materials for better energy efficiency, Sunshine Contracting delivers the solutions you need.
The benefits of replacing your exterior door systems are many and include:
- Aesthetics: Incorporate a new entry or exterior door with a transom or sidelights to add natural light to a dark foyer. Select a color that contrasts or coordinates with the shutters, trim or siding for a seamless design. The Sunshine Contracting team can help you choose a door that harmonizes with the architecture of your home.
- Insulation: New exterior doors generally have more advanced insulation properties, which allows them to keep heat out during the summer and hold it in during the winter. Most fiberglass and steel doors are filled with polyurethane foam insulation. They often include built-in weather stripping on the bottom to create a barrier against weather elements such as snow, hail or extreme wind.
- Security: A sturdy exterior door will help protect you and your loved ones from intrusions. If any of your entries do not lock properly, you may want to upgrade to an entirely new door and a more advanced lock system for added safety.
Exterior Doors for Your Virginia Home
Choose from the following exterior door options for your Penrose home:
- Storm doors: If you choose to install a new storm door or replace an old one, you can benefit from improved energy efficiency and lower electric bills in addition to better protection from the weather.
- French doors: French doors allow more natural light into your home because they effectively function as windows. They are durable, secure and can help you reduce your home’s energy bills.
- Entry doors: New entry doors from Sunshine Contracting come in many wood-grain finishes and colors and are engineered to stand up to heat, therefore minimizing any cracking, bending and warping over time.
- Sliding doors: Sliding glass doors are incredibly accessible and durable. Sliding the doors open and closed makes entering and exiting your home a seamless process. Installing new sliding doors is a great way to make your home’s interiors appear larger.
- Patio doors: Patio doors allow natural light to pour into your home, creating a sense of calmness in any room and helping save electricity. Most patio doors have large glass panels, so you can enjoy breathtaking views at any point throughout the day.