Building a New Deck: A Step-by-Step Guide
A lot of preparation and planning goes into a new deck installation. Here’s a look at how the process typically works:
- One of our team members will meet with you in your home, going over your budget, your timeline and your project requirements. We’ll help you make important choices about how to proceed and develop a custom design to your specifications, as well as detailed estimate outlining all costs.
- Before beginning work, we’ll ensure your design meets all code requirements and has been certified as necessary. We’ll also contact your utility companies to make certain there are no buried cables in the work area.
- If necessary, we’ll perform a complete tear down and removal of your old deck.
- Then, wood is pressure treated to withstand rain and snow. We use only the highest grade of southern pine. Pressure treating provides us with additional certainty that the finished product will age well and deliver years of service.
- At this point, the build process can begin. All work is performed by trained deck installation experts. We never outsource work or use unskilled laborers to do a job that requires specific technical knowledge.
- Once the construction is done, we’ll arrange for a county inspector to come and verify that all work was completed according to code. We also take the time to clean up your yard and remove any debris, so you can begin enjoying your new deck immediately.