Not all contractors VA based can get the job done in due time and at an affordable cost. If you’re a first-time buyer of home remodeling services, and have no previous experience with dealing with home improvement contractors, identifying those companies that you should avoid will be tricky. Be wary of…
• Unlicensed contractors. Lack of license usually denotes an amateur company made up of handymen. If you use such a company expect second-rate work, many postponements, and poor quality materials.
• Contractors against whom disciplinary action has been taken. Respectable contractors are not only free of disciplinary sanctions, but they rarely have any complaints filled against them by previous customers.
• Uninsured contractors. Some uninsured home remodeling contractors might try to persuade you that they work carefully and that an insurance is superfluous. Don’t listen to their excuses and keep searching for an insured contractor.
• Inexperienced contractors. Home remodeling is quite different from home improvement, and it requires in many cases more materials and qualified workmen. In short, it’s often harder to do remodeling than home improvement. Not all contractors have as much experience with remodeling as with home improvement.
• Contractors that provide a phone number only. Contractors without a mail address should be regarded with a bit of suspicion. They are never among the best home remodeling companies.
• Contractors without references. Good contractors VA based will make it easy for you to check references by featuring testimonials on their page.
• Contractors that don’t describe clearly the services they are providing. Descriptions should preferably include photos from actual projects that the contractors have taken care of.
• Contractors that ask for 50% or more of the total cost of the project before any work is started. Professional contractors rarely ask for more than 25%.
Choose your home remodeling contractors VA based with care!