How To Tell if Your Roof Needs Replacing
Regular checks and inspections of you roof can keep large problems at bay. Over time your roof will start to deteriorate as the lifetime of your shingles expires. In addition to inspecting the roof itself, you should also inspect the attic for signs of leaking by looking for wet or black plywood. Sunshine Contracting can assist you in this! Virginia homeowners are usually well aware of the havoc that severe weather can cause to the roof of a home.
When does your roof need to be replaced?
There are certain things to look for when inspecting your roof for damage. Some of these are:
- Leaks – When it rains check the ceilings of all the upstairs rooms to determine if there are any wet spots. This could be a sign of a leak in the roof that will require replacement. You may also look for any water on the walls because the leak can occur in a place where the water will run down the wall.
- If your roof is 17 years or older, the probability that the lifetime of your shingles is reaching the end is very high.
- Damaged flashing around chimneys, vents, and pipe collars can also be a sign that your roof needs to be replaced and properly re-flashed.
- Shingles – Sometimes the cause of the problem may be one or two shingles that have come loose. However there could be other problems you discover such as the fact that the roof itself is rotting in places. Shingles that are curling, cracked, broken, or missing are signs that a roof replacement is in order. Also look for missing granules and bare spots or mold or algae growing on the shingles.
- Excessive energy costs due to insufficient attic ventilation can also point to a roof replacement being in need.
Get a free estimate of the cost!
For any of your roofing needs, we will provide you with a free estimate of the cost. We will also be able to give you an approximate time frame in which the work will be completed and help ease the stress load that is caused by roof replacement needs.
At Sunshine Contracting we have the professionals who have the expertise you need from start to finish for roof replacement. Our experts can advise you on the proper materials to use for the style of roof that is on your home and recommend the type of shingles that is best for your home. We carry roofing materials from different manufacturers which means that you have a great choice in style and color and want to make sure that you are pleased with your purchase and our service.